Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Old Blog Post

This is a post (the one and only!) from a blog I started in March and never went back to. Enjoy!



So I know we've been pregnant for a while now, but I just decided to start blogging about it. It'll be nice to have for the baby when s/he is older. We found out we were pregnant on December 15th, 2009. It was quite the shock, since we had only been married for 5 months! But, everyone knew it was gonna happen since I'm not that great at popping my BC pills! We're extremely excited though and cannot wait to meet our little one! We are currently 17 weeks and 4 days, though that may change with our upcoming ultrasound scheduled for March 19th. We will also be able to find out the gender of this little peanut growing inside of me! I cannot wait!! Our friend Karyn is hosting a "baby reveal" party for us. She'll be the only one who knows what we're having and will have a blue or pink cake to let all of us know. (Thanks Cassi for letting us steal your idea!) It's going to be fun! Well, I just want to get up to date with where I'm at with the pregnancy, so I'm going to give a quick rundown of the past few months.

So we found out December 15th. Pretty much immediately the symptoms set in. I was so tired I could barely stand, much less keep my eyes open the whole day. Thank goodness we had Christmas break so I was able to sleep pretty much for 2 weeks straight! Our friend Leigh, Mike and Kristan were among the first to know. We kept it a secret from our family until Christmas. We told our parents by buying them presents that shared our secret. For mom a little willow tree figurine that was the grandmother one. For dad a really nice tumbler that said #1 Grandpa! And for J's dad a few bibs to keep at his place for future babysitting adventures! (He's practically impossible to shop for!) It was a lot of fun to tell them. The first trimester went by pretty smoothly. Everything has been very normal. Lots of nausea, a few episodes of getting extremely sick, and the exhaustion that wouldn't quit. Our first appointment with our midwife went great! It was so amazing to hear our little one's very fast and very strong heartbeat. Almost unreal! I can't wait to feel him/her kicking and moving so I know everything is ok. It's crazy how the worrying starts pretty much right away! I felt our little one move for the first time on February 19th. It was weird. It felt like marble being rolled on the inside of my belly. Since then I've been having random flutters, especially when I'm relaxing on the couch or in bed at night.
Well, I will try to post as regularly as possible. Definitely to share the news of next week! Praying for everything to still be normal come March 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment